Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Go Away, "Groggy!"

Pretty much everyone is tired in the morning. I'm no exception. I'm one of those people who likes being up in the morning, but I don't like getting up in the morning. I sleep with the alarm not set more than set.

So, because I'd been so tired lately, I decided to just sleep in until my body woke me up. It woke me up at 9:00 a.m. After a few minutes, and especially after a few, comforting sips of coffee, I'm typically awake. This morning, and all throughout my day, I just could not shake the grogginess. I'm also recovering from some earache and sore jaw combo (I don't know how triathlon training could've caused that one!) and my stomache's been a little irritable lately.

I even tried to take a nap but Slumber was not putting out its welcome mat. I made plans to go for a slow, short walk with my friend, Becky, but after dinner, I started feeling crappy again so I didn't go. I've also had watery eyes and a runny nose all day. Gary thinks it's allergies. He's probably right so I'll be grabbing the Veramyst before I go to bed.

I soooo wanted to at least get in a swim today, but my body was begging me for a break - so I obliged. No training for me at all yet this week. My mind is in the pool and on the pavement, but my body's on the couch watching nothing on TV.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...