Monday, July 28, 2008

A Training Mistake

I knew before I started I shouldn't. It was Sunday evening, about 8:00 p.m. Gary and I had just gotten back from Frisch's where I had a chicken alfredo dish. I hadn't trained since Friday because of a stiff neck and I was itching to do something. It would be dark soon, so that meant I had to go as soon as we got home from the restaurant.

I decided to go for a 2 mile run. About a quarter mile into it, I started feeling bloated, but I pressed on. I made it through the run OK, but because my stomach was tight, this messed with my form as I couldn't keep the ChiRunning posture. I ended up walking the last couple minutes of my run. Obviously, I did more than a 10-minute mile.

I woke up in the middle of the night sick. I'm better now as I write this, but I should have listened to my body instead of forcing it.

Well, it was a lesson learned and today is a new day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...