Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Better Than I'd Anticipated...But

So, my last tri had a 400 yard swim. It took me 27 minutes to complete it and I thought that event would never end.

In my current training, I shoot for completing 900 yards as that's the distance of my next try on September 14.

When I get to 400 yards, I look at my heart rate monitor and I'm at about 17 minutes. This means that I'm now doing that same distance in 10 minutes less. This is great news!

As I said, my next tri in a week-and-a-half is 900 yards. It's taking me about 45 minutes to finish this distance. This is also great news because a few weeks ago I didn't think I'd be able to even go the distance.

However, I cannot rest on my laurels. There will be things at the tri that will add to the challenge. I'll be swimming with women and men and I expect to get hit quite a lot. This will also create a lot of waves and will interfere with my rhythm and my ability to breathe well.

But the good news is I can go the distance - and a few weeks ago I didn't think I'd be able to in such a short amount of time.

I love triathlons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not one to say I told ya so, but I told ya so! I know you can do it.

At the tri (I have one on the 14th also) I always break it down into parts. The 1st buoy, 2nd buoy, and homestretch. I know that once I get to about halfway between the
1st and 2nd buoy, it cake the rest of the way.

You will do great!

jford2309

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...