Monday, August 11, 2008

Wheels or Wetsuit?

I'm trying to decide what to do. I could buy a nice, new road bike which will really help me bike a little faster. Plus, the bike I'm using is a friend's who will want it back and I really need my own.

I will, however, probably need a wetsuit for one of the two tris I'm considering in September. One BTer posted that the water was freezing last year. I don't want to freeze.

I found a really, really great deal on a wetsuit and it would only take up one quarter of my tri budget. With the remaining dollars, I could buy a good pair of tri shorts and a nice tri top. These are really great outfits because you can swim in them, bike in them and then run in them. Going through the clothing changes during my last tri made me appreciate the need for them.

I just don't know what I'm going to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lora, thats a tough decision. Since I am in Texas, the water is usually not cold enough to use a wetsuit. So I am not sure my opinion works well up in your neck of the woods.

I was told once that the bike needs to be your biggest focus because in all tri's you spend the most time on a bike. However, if the water is too cold to even swim in and you don't have a wetsuit then you won't even start the race which means you will never even get to the bike! :)

I guess it would just depend on your schedule and how many tri's you plan on doing during colder/cooler weather. You can also find used wetsuits.

Anonymous said...

I know it is late bt I just came across your from on BT. You can rent a wetsuit from the following webb site fro approx $40.00 and still get your bike. http://www.f2r.com/index.php?action1=CustomerProductListing&c_ProgramID=MjY=&c_Gender=Qg== Have a great tri we are all pullin for you.

Rob
dixrp

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...