Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Falling" for a Change

Fall is - without a doubt - my favorite season. October, my favorite month.

I love how the crisp, bright blue sky rests quietly and colorfully above the vibrant reds, oranges and yellows of the trees below, as if it were finally on a well-deserved vacation.

When the wind blows in the Fall, it even smells differently to me, and the lack of humidity changes how it feels when it meets my skin. It's somehow softer, though it is cooler.

I love bidding farewell to Summer's humidity and to the bees I believe are trying to sting me at every corner. I love the cooler temperatures Fall brings and, with it, the ability to wear a light jacket on a cool evening.

The last couple of days, it has been in the upper 70s and lower 80s. In the night, it has been in the 50s. This, to me, is perfect weather. I can open the windows throughout my house and let nature keep us cool instead of the AC.

However, as Fall begins edging its way into fullness, I find myself not as embracing of this change. Why? Because this means, for sure, that it will be colder in the pools and the lakes which means my time training to swim will be less; mostly because I cannot tolerate cold water temperatures.

All of nature's hints that Fall will soon be here for me to enjoy, now signal to me that Fall will soon be here to interfere with my new love: triathlon training.

Hmm. I guess if I had a membership to the Y, all of this wouldn't matter and Fall and I could become great friends again.

I guess I should go ahead and get that wesuit, afterall.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...