Sunday, August 17, 2008

And the Answer is...

...I'm going for the longer swim triathlon. Here's why:
  • Though I'm dreading the 1/2 mile swim, I've still got 4 weeks to train for it.
  • I have improved in swimming since my last tri.
  • I've decided to buy a wetsuit. Swimming with the wetsuit will give me an extra level of comfort and safety.
  • This triathlon is so much closer to home which means Gary will probably come. Plus, he'll take pictures. We might even be able to bring the boys.
  • The bike is 12 miles which is the same as my first one. The other tri has a 7 mile bike.
  • The run is 3 miles which is 1 mile more than my first one. I'm excited about training to build up to running 3 miles instead of 2.

I mean, I could change my mind in a couple weeks, but, as of today, these are my plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are going for it! Way to end the season strong!

jford2309

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...