Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Capping it off

My new Nike ball cap.
It was never going to be expensive to buy; at most a little more than a hearty lunch for two at Panera Bread.

Still, I continued to spend my triathlon dollars on race entry fees, new tri shorts or nothing at all given how little I've trained lately.

And my other spare dollars?

Those exist?

For a few years, I've been wanting to buy a better ball cap, one that wicks the sweat away and promotes a great shape on my noggin'.

My mom got me a really nice cap for Christmas a couple years ago. It was white and read "Marshall University" in a proud green. Other than not being made of the quick drying fabric, it was perfect. It was so perfect I didn't care that it wasn't quick drying.

My Great Dane chewed it apart a few weeks later.

A few months ago, she got me another Marshall cap at Cracker Barrell. It was another great fit. However, it's a fitted hat and does not have a spot for me to pull my pony tail through. I save it for casual weekend wear.

The other day, I found the ball cap for which I'd been looking. Gary and I were at Dick's and I saw this hat with one other on a random shelf. As soon as I put it on I knew I'd be taking it home. I tried on another one from Under Armour just to see how that one fit to compare.

I should not have bothered.

I've worn it three or four times out on my runs and it feels great. It also looks spectacular, which is the most important feature for a dorky girl like me trying to pass for somewhat normal.

7 comments:

RockStarTri said...

Stop shopping for hats at Cracker Barrel!

Lora Abernathy said...

LMBO, RST!

Stuart said...

So often it's the small things that make it all work!

Lora Abernathy said...

So true, Stuart.

Unknown said...

Love hats. And when you find the right one, it's magic!

Ransick said...

Nice looking hat and it looks like it fits perfectly!

Lora Abernathy said...

It really does feel like magic, Di Tri-ing. It was, indeed, made for my head, Mike.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...