Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Courtesy 55KRC Radio.
My favorite period to study in history is the Revolutionary War era.

I remember sitting at my desk in the 5th grade and being outraged - outraged I tell you - at what the British empire was doing. I couldn't wait to turn the page to learn how my forefathers were going to rebel and stick it to them.

Today, we'll have the day off from work, cook out, set off fireworks and maybe hang a flag. My hope is that you at least take a moment to reflect on the significance of the day and thank a veteran for keeping the most important freedom movement history has ever witnessed going.

Happy 4th of July, my friends!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lora... love your wriitng and read all I can find. I'm an old has been in the running arena so live vicariously with the young ones...

Lora Abernathy said...

Thanks for your very kind words, Anonymous. Glad to be someone through whom you can live vicariously. Have a wonderful 4th!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I think we have a neighbor that was in the Revolutionary War... I will thank him for his service.... :)

Lora Abernathy said...

LOL, Bob.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...