Thursday, January 15, 2009

Breaking Up the Monotony

This month I'm doing an Ironman Challenge. The goal is to go the distance of the Ironman race in one month. So, my goal is to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles. So far I'm on track. I've swum 2.2, biked 58 and run 10.

When warmer weather arrives, I plan to start an Olympic distance training plan. This means a few more hours a week than what I'm already doing for training. My training schedule's not exactly barren currently, but there will be a lot more work involved.

So, as I come out of the Ironman Challenge, I think I'm going to devote the month of February to something different, just to add some renewal to my life. I'm still going to keep a small base of the 3 sports, just in smaller quantities.

Instead of taking a spin class twice a week, I'm going to take it twice a month. Instead of swimming 3 times a week, I'm going to swim once a week. Since I've been so negligent with my running, it'll probably stay the same: once a week. I'll still do strength training 3 times a week, though.

So, what will I do instead? The world is before me. Maybe I'll go snow skiing once a week. I haven't done that in close to 10 years and I miss it. When I've got a good groove going downhill on the white powder, it's one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I might take that pilates class at the Y afterall. They've also got a kickboxing and basic training class that look like fun.

I just need a break from the usual before I really plunge into tri training again in the spring. Stay tuned for more details about my absolutely interesting life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am on BT (kcovert1). Your's looks great too, and I love the new bike. I hope you have a wonderful season. I'll try to check in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...