Friday, June 27, 2008

The Deep Breath Before the Plunge

OK, The Lord of the Rings fans, this is how I feel:

You know in The Return of the King, when Pippin and Gandolf are looking over the balcony the night before the big battle, watching Mordor explode in the distance with a rageful light? Yes? OK, good.

Pippin says to Gandolf: "I don't want to be in a battle; but waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse."

Gandolf replies, "It's the deep breath before the plunge."

I feel like Pippin. Of course, the difference is I could escape my battle tomorrow. I could just not show up, but I won't do that, so there is, indeed, no escape and my analogy is intact.

-------------

I practiced going through the transitions this afternoon. It took me 1m: 44s to change from the swim to the bike. It took me 1m: 6s to change from the bike to the run.

I'm heading off to nap now. Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight. Stay tuned for the full report and pictures! Thanks, everyone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...