A lady on Beginner Triathlete posted this recently, and I just had to share it with you. Here are raeray80's reasons why she races with a sippy cup:
7. Carries 10 oz., just enough to take two good sips every five minutes on a 70-80 minute run.
6. Built-in, no-leak silicone valve means no unscrewing of cap, and no push-pull action to manuever with one's teeth to get a drink. Just lift and suck!
5. Spill-proof for a toddler = spill-proof for me! The cap of a dropped sippy cup does not pop off, exploding my precious drink everywhere when my hands get sweaty and I have an "oops."
4. Contoured design makes it easy to carry without a strap.
3. Running with a sippy cup screams confidence. Yeah - that's right, it's a sippy cup. You can stare all you want. I know you wished you'd thought of it. Yeah, keep staring, pointing, laughing at the ridiculous awesomeness that is beholden to me.
2. With so many color options, I can pick my mix 'n match cap and bottle to fit my mood. Am I cheerful? Pink with a yellow top. Patriotic? Red, white and blue. PMS'ing? Environmental? Sleepy? Lazy? The combinations are limitless.
1. Price tag: $1.97. Enough said.
You can click here to read the rest of the forum.